Home How to Apply After Applying


Attention: open in a new window. PDFPrintE-mail

Once the Application is Accepted

Once a firm’s application has been approved, the GOSDAA staff will help secure benefits. The preparation for assistance consists of two documents describing the company’s needs: a diagnostic analysis and a recovery strategy or an adjustment plan. The program will routinely cover 75 percent of the cost of developing a diagnostic analysis and the adjustment plan, and the firm will pay the remaining 25 percent.

Diagnostic Analysis

The GOSDAA staff will prepare a diagnostic analysis of the firm’s operations by examining its internal and external operating environments. The report will provide the groundwork on which the adjustment plan will be built.

Adjustment Plan

The adjustment plan is a written report showing that the firm is aware of its strengths, weaknesses and potential problems, and has a clear, credible, and rational strategy for recovery. The recovery strategy will identify specific projects to be completed by a consultant to benefit the firm. Each plan is unique to each firm and the consulting projects recommended in the plan are specific to each firm based on its needs.

The completed adjustment plan and the diagnostic analysis are submitted to an independent GOSDAA office review team for final approval before implementation. Acting as a liaison between the review team and the client firm, GOSDAA staff has the experience and training to facilitate the approval of the adjustment plan or recovery strategy. Should changes be required, staff will work with the company to ensure quick turnaround.


After approval, the GOSDAA will solicit and receive bids from potential consultants, transmit the responses to company management for evaluation, prepare a contract for the company, University, and the selected consultant. GOSDAA staff will monitor the consultant as he/she works under management direction to carry out the specific actions of the plan. Once the adjustment plan is approved, implementation must start within six months.


Apply for Assistance

iconApplication Worksheet - GOSDAA

Download the form and fax to 504.280.5444 when complete.


University of New Orleans
2000 Lakeshore Drive
Kirschman Hall
Suites 415 and 416
New Orleans, Louisiana
FAX: 504.280-5444

CJ: 985.226.8972
Ruperto: 985.226.8971

Directions to GOSDAA

Mailing Address:

2701 Airline Drive
Suite K, Box #258
Metairie, LA 70001

Partners and Alliances

The University of Texas at San Antonio Economic Development Administration U.S. Department of Commerce The University of New Orleans